Wheel Speed Sensor | HELLA 6PU 012 679-381
|Total Length [mm]||1040|
|Sensor Type||Active sensor|
|Number of pins||2|
|Fitting Position||Front Axle|
|Assy./disassy. by qualified personnel required!|
|*** HELLA Electronics OE competence for over 60 years.|
Hella Speed Sensor - 6PU 012 679-381
Intelligent communication of data between electronic vehicle systems is supported by sensors. When it comes to driving safety, speed sensors play a particularly important role, and this is reflected by their varied use in a number of different vehicle systems. They are used by the control units in driving assistance systems such as ABS, TCS, ESP, or ACC in order to detect the wheel speed.
The wheel speed information is also provided to other systems (engine, transmission, navigation, and chassis control systems) via data lines by the ABS control unit. As a result of their varied use, speed sensors contribute directly to the driving dynamics, driving safety, driving comfort, lower fuel consumption, and lower emissions. Wheel speed sensors are often also called ABS sensors as they were used in vehicles for the first time when ABS was introduced.
- Wheel speed detection from standstill. This facilitates speed measurements down to 0.1 km/h.
- Smaller & lighter in design
- The lack of impulse wheels simplifies the power transfer linkage.
- Sensitivity to electromagnetic interference is less pronounced.
- Changes in the air gap between the sensor and magnetic ring have no direct impact on the signal.
- Virtual insensitivity to vibrations and fluctuations in temperature.