This web site, like many others, uses small text files called cookies and other similar technologies (e.g. beacons, local storage) to help make our web site work and to customise your experience. These files are stored by your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari etc) on your computer, mobile phone or other web enabled device.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Pay sales commissions
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
Our Own Cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Enabling the chatbox on our web site
- Making our on-site search work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering details about any vehicles you have added to your "Garage" on www.opieoils.co.uk
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily "Like" or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
How can I control my cookies?
You can use your web browser (eg Internet Explorer) to:
- delete all cookies
- block all cookies
- allow all cookies
- block third-party cookies
- clear all cookies when you close the browser
- open a 'private browsing' session
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend broswer functionality
Where to find information about blocking and controlling cookies
Safari (on Mac OS)
This section contains a number of links to external web sites. Opie Oils is not responsible for the content on other web sites... or for the cookies used on them!
- A number of websites provide detailed information on cookies, including AllAboutCookies.org and AllAbout Cookies.org.uk.
- Google allow you to opt of Google Analytics by specifying your preferences in your Google account.There is also a browser add-on available for the Chrome browser which will opt you out of Google Analytics.
- New technologies such as Mozilla's Do Not Track allow you to tell websites not to track you. Currently, there is no legal requirement (either by law or by broad social consensus) to recognise and act upon this preference and as such very web sites support it. Support for Do Not Track is not currently implemented by www.opieoils.co.uk because there is no industry consensus as to what this browser setting should do.
- Internet Explorer has a feature called Tracking Protection Lists which allows you to import a list of websites you want to block.
- Opie Oils does not allow any third party advertising on www.opieoils.co.uk, but you may be interested to know that the Internet Advertising Bureau website Your Online Choices allows you to install opt-out cookies across different advertising networks.
- It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
This information is based on information supplied by the UK Information Commissioner's Office as at May 2012 and is supplemented by content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing. You may find more up to date information on the ICO web site.