RED LINE LightWeight ShockProof Gear Oil 75w-90
Red Line synthetic gear oils are designed to provide the highest degree of protection and greatest efficiency for your drivetrain. Red Line gear oils contain polyol ester base stocks and the natural lubricity of the polyol esters provide excellent slipperiness which reduces the sliding friction in hypoid gears - reducing wear and significantly reducing temperatures.
The synthetic base stocks have a natural multigrade property, so large amounts of unstable thickeners are not required to manufacture the gear oils, which means that Red Line gear oils will provide a stable viscosity for even extended periods of use.
Red Line formulates more extreme-pressure protection into the gear oils than other petroleum and synthetic manufacturers which provides wear protection over a wider range of temperatures and performance conditions - ranging from high-torque and low-speed situations to very high-speed conditions with shock loading.
Red Line's unique ShockProof gear oils are recommended for heavily loaded racing differentials and gearboxes which see shock loading. ShockProof contains a unique solid dispersion which cushions gear teeth to help prevent tooth breakage and allows the use of lower viscosities to give less drag and better shifting.
LightWeight is a unique gear oil designed to lubricate racing transmissions and transaxles which see serious loads (not recommended for most syncro-type transmissions). It has excellent low-temperature flow which allows easier shifting when cold. May be used to obtain maximum power transfer in racing differentials which do not see high temperatures. Similar to a 75W140 gear oil, but with the lower internal friction of an SAE 30 motor oil.
- Provides the greatest gear protection available
- Reduces differential and gearbox temperatures
- Increases differential and gearbox durability
- Rapid lubrication even in very cold weather
- Improves shifting in manual transmissions
- Provides improved drivetrain efficiency
- Prevents foaming even at high speeds
- Low corrosiveness reduces synchronizer wear
- Stable even at elevated temperatures
- Can be used in limited-slip and regular differentials
- Suitable for competition and street use
- Compatible with petroleum and other synthetics
- Compatible with seals designed for petroleum
- Satisfies requirements calling for API GL-5 and GL-6
- Allows extended drains in non-warranty vehicles
- Specifications and Manufacturer Approvals